CHIMAIRA To Use Crowdfunding Campaign to Fund New AlbumThursday, 18th April 2013
Cleveland-based modern metallers CHIMAIRA will use a crowdfunding campaign surrounding the release of their brand new LP,Crown Of Phantoms. The CD will be released on Tuesday, July 30 via eOne Music.
The band is seeking support for a special fan-edition CD/DVD. This edition and its perks will only be available to campaign supporters and will not be sold anywhere else. Specifically, supporters will be contributing to the following:
* Two narrative music videos
* A behind-the-scenes making-of documentary, Crown Of Phantoms
* Seven additional tracks exclusive to the fan edition
* Various behind-the-scenes videos
* Expanded version of “Dr. Z” with fan-determined ending
* Full-length album commentary that features dialog from all the band members as they listen to the record start to finish
* Graphic art storyboards created specifically for the music videos included in the fan-edition booklet
* Original artwork and packaging exclusive to the fan edition
To further conceptualize their plan, the band has released a video explaining, with some satire, the details of their campaign along with a sneak peek of a brand new track called “Kings Of The Shadow World” and a visual display of the many creative perks they’re offering to contributors.
The band’s previous album, The Age of Hell was released in 2011.