Dead Rhetoric.com Week in Review October 4 – 10, 2014Saturday, 11th October 2014
Ahh, the joys of a long weekend. Let’s face it, with a long weekend comes more time for the things that we enjoy most: metal right? Well, that and dealing with getting everything ready for the rapidly approaching winter season (for us northeasterners at least). Just think, before you know it we’ll be posting all those year-end lists and we’ll be ready for the entrance of 2015! – Kyle McGinn
Black Crown Initiate’s The Wreckage of Stars was chosen as our Album of the Month for September.
Get in on our latest giveaway and win a copy of Fornicus’ Storming Heaven and a t-shirt!
Our October edition of the Demo Tribunal features some underground yet worthy bands.
Evergrey checks in with Matt Coe to discuss their new album, Hymns for the Broken.
Ida Evileye talks to David E. Gehlke about all things Crucified Barbara.
Get to know Virginia’s Solace of Requiem.
Revocation continue their death/thrash antics on Deathless.
A notable up-tick has occurred with Starkill’s Virus of the Mind.
Bridget Erickson classifies 1349’s Massive Cauldron of Chaos as, “aural hellfire.”
David E. Gehlke describes Audrey Horne’s Pure Heavy as their, “touchstone body of work.”
Nightbringer’s Ego Dominus Tuus gets a high approval from Matthew Bowling.
Don’t miss out on the free, upcoming Nader Sadek album, The Malefic.
Riot V carry on Mark Reale’s legacy with Unleash the Fire.
The news in ten
1. Armageddon ink deal with Listenable Records.
2. Dave Mustaine’s mother in law currently missing.
3. King Diamond to release best of collection titled Dreams of Horror.
4. Arch Enemy and Kreator team up for split 7” before North American tour.
5. Fen stream new song “Menhir Supplicant.”
6. Scar Symmetry post first track-by-track breakdown for new album.
7. Anders Johansson departs from Hammerfall.
8. Skinless hit the studio.
9. Nightingale to release Retribution in early 2015.
10. Blind Guardian release “Twilight of the Gods” single; new album due in January.