ATLANTEAN KODEX To Release New Album, “The White Goddess”Friday, 12th July 2013
German classic metallers ATLANTEAN KODEX will release their sophomore album The White Goddess on October 4th via Cruz del Sur in Europe/rest of world (CD). The album will be released in North America on CD and 2LP via 20 Buck Spin, while Van Records will issue the album on 2LP in Europe/rest of world.
“The White Goddess is a triumph of heaviness and melancholy, a monument to the spirit of underground metal and the mythology of old Europe,” says drummer Weiss.
“Our sound has grown darker and heavier, like the world has grown darker and heavier in the past few years. At the same time our 70s roots and our love for BATHORY and old MANOWAR are still there. Imagine Quorthon raping URIAH HEEP while ‘Into Glory Ride’ is blasting from an old tapedeck“, adds guitar player Trummer.
Indeed the band has progressed much since their debut effort, The Golden Bough. The sound is more mature, more dramatic, more bombastic. Everything on the album spells HUGE in capital letters. While the key coordinates old Manowar (Ross the Boss-era), Bathory (Twilight-era) and obscure US metal (FATES WARNING, CIRITH UNGOL, WARLORD) are still dominant, the band has manage to explore new ground with The White Goddess. This is one of the few albums, which will leave no one cold.
The White Goddess track listing:
1. Trumpets Of Doggerland (There Were Giants In The Earth In Those Days
2. Sol Invictus (With Faith And Fire)
3. Bilwis (Sorcery And Witchcraft In Eastern Bavaria)
4. Heresiarch (Thousandfaced Moon)
5. Twelve Stars And An Azure Gown (An Anthem For Europa)
6. Der Untergang Der Stadt Passau (Flaming Sword Of The Watcher)
7. Enthroned In Clouds And Fire (The Great Cleansing)
8. White Goddess Unveiled (Crown Of The Sephiroth)