Dead Rhetoric.com Week in Review: December 15 – December 21, 2013Saturday, 21st December 2013
We’re now officially into the time of year when the music industry is on shutdown. Labels don’t have any new products to hawk for 2013, so it’s onward to planning for 2014, as well as some much-needed free time. Many of our label and PR friends have worked diligently throughout the year (and every other year, too) in order to keep their respective bands in our respective faces, so with plenty of respect, we give them their respective due. Respect. – David E. Gehlke
Former Angra singer Edu Falaschi caught up with DR to discuss his main squeeze, Almah.
Post-black metal outfit So Hideous are drawing all sorts of high praise, prompting our own Kyle McGinn to track them down for an interview.
Veteran Colorado satanic metal outfit Satan’s Host return with the quite excellent Virgin Sails.
Dante’s Inferno gets re-imagined via of Eye of Solitude’s Canto III.
Swedish doomsters Kongh have reissued their debut album, Counting Heartbeats.
Australian thrashers Truth Corroded hit ’em hard with The Saviors Slain.
A split between Cannabis Corpse and Ghoul proves to be the utter definition of Splatterhash.
Occultist is blackened/crust punk of the highest order on Death Sigils.
Feel the need for speed with Tyrants Blood’s Into the Kingdom of Graves.
Post-punk/metal crew Beastmilk (from Finland) are all the rage with Climax.
Apocalyptica continue their cello mastery with Wagner Reloaded: Live in Leipzig.
Costa Rican melodic death metal outfit Sight of Emptiness get a little help from their friends on Instincts.
The news in ten
1. Gamma Ray returns to work on Empire of the Undead after studio fire.
2. Stratovarius releases video for “Unbreakable.”
3. Wolves in the Throne Room are prepping a release for 2014.
4. Marty Friedman gets his own signature guitar.
5. Napalm Death guitarist Mitch Harris launches Menace.
6. Metallica posts video recap of gig in Antarctica.
7. Dream Theater announces 2014 North American tour dates.
8. Red Fang releases “Blood Like Cream” video.
9. Soilwork to film Helsinki show for DVD release.
10. Dark Funeral still on the hunt for a new vocalist.